Congratulations, if you are reading this, you may have received an original quilt handmade by Ann Ferguson. All Ann Ferguson Quilts are made from the highest quality materials, rich in natural fibres and environmentally aware.
This quilt has been pre-washed following the directions below.Care of your heirloom quilt.
Your quilt is made to withstand normal use as a furnishing item, but, as a hand crafted product, it is still delicate and requires some gentle care and maintenance. It will fade over time with exposure to sunlight, strong artificial light, and laundering. This will add to its heirloom quality. However to prevent undue damage by laundering, there are a few simple steps to follow:
- Only wash your quilt if it really needs it, otherwise clean by vacuuming the surface and airing.
- To wash your quilt, use a low phosphorous liquid laundry detergent.
- Place quilt loosely in the washing machine.
- Add salt and a small amount of detergent (about 1 – 2 tablespoons)
- Add 2 Colour Catchers (available in packs from the laundry section of your supermarket).
- Set machine on delicate cycle.
- Fill with cold water to cover the quilt.
- When the wash cycle is finished, spin dry on normal cycle to get as much water as possible out of the quilt before you lift it out of the machine. The stitching in a quilt heavy with water is easily damaged when the quilt is lifted.
- Spread a sheet out on the ground in a shaded area.
- Spread the quilt over the sheet and leave to dry in the shade.
*Your quilt may be tumble dried, set on delicate. This fluffs and softens it up. However take care if it contains fabrics or threads you would not normally dry by machine eg silk. vintage and antique laces etc. In this case, do not tumble dry and follow the directions above.
You may also press your quilt with a warm iron, however this flattens out the wadding and diminishes the crinkly quality of the quilting.
Ann Ferguson Quilts:
All care has been taken to ensure all materials are free of defects and workmanship is to the highest possible standard. However, each unique product holds a life time warranty against defects in workmanship, should they occur. This does not include normal ware and tear or damage caused by pets, insect pests, children and weather or fabric damage due to climate and usage.
Treat your quilt with care and it will be with you for many years – Ann.
14 Willaroo Way, Maleny, Qld 4552